Recent blog posts have looked at how exhibitors and attendees benefit from a conference show daily. What about your association? Why should you add a newspaper to your onsite communications strategy?
- Your staff can’t be everywhere: having an onsite show daily production team takes a load off, without taking a way to showcase conference news in words and photos! And you’ll head home with a folder full of stories that can be repurposed year round, photos for social media channels and future marketing materials, and maybe even a royalty payment from advertising revenue!
- Tell attendees more about your organization: take advantage of the captive audience. Not all attendees will be members, and even if they are members, they may not stay on top of everything that membership offers. Plan to include articles on the benefits of membership, future events and special projects in your show daily. But don’t let them just read about it – include a Q&A that asks associations about the benefits of membership and profile past attendees about what they get out of attending your conference. The same message can have a greater impact when they hear it from their peers.
- Non-dues revenue: Yes, exhibit booth sales, sponsorships and attendee registration all generate income. But is enough? Without a show daily, you could be leaving dollars on the table. Ask CustomNEWS to prepare a royalty proposal – we’ll do all the work (advertising sales, preplanning and onsite production, handle distribution logistics and manage onsite photographer and reporters.)
- Increase ROI: Significant investments are made in your educational offerings – keynote speakers, panels of industry leaders and special events. CustomNEWS’ team of reporters and photographers will capture the insights being shared at your conference that can be then turned into social media posts and post-conference wrap-up articles.
- Go digital: whether it’s a mobile app, social media plan or daily e-newsletter, there’s a reason to publish a show daily. Showcase headlines and photos in your mobile app and share it via your social media channels. Distribute the digital link via a daily e-newsletter to a wide audience – it’s a way to show non-attendees what they are missing.
We know that every conference is unique in its own way – and we’ll develop a show daily that’s unique to your meeting. We don’t take the cookie-cutter approach to conference communications. We want to learn more about your conference so we can show the benefits of publishing a daily newspaper at your next conference. Contact us today to start that discussion, firstname.lastname@example.org or 240/401-6779.