“Going green” shows that you respect the environment. But, by eliminating print pieces:
- Will attendees still be informed and able to access the information they need to make the most of your conference?
- Are you eliminating advertising & sponsorship revenue opportunities?
- Could you be relying too much on attendees to buy-in to your digital initiatives before they are ready?
If replacing a program book has been on your radar, think about:
- What information can be moved to digital offerings (websites, online planners & mobile apps? This will also create a way to make changes as they occur, even onsite – something program books cannot offer.
- How to position your show daily as a tool that both showcases content (articles and photos) and provides daily schedules & meeting information often found in the program book.
- Moving the exhibitor list and maps (hotel and convention center) and to a smaller print piece Exclusive, high-impact ad placements will appeal to your exhibitors.
Fearing a revolt among attendees? Make a gradual transition over the next two to three years. Start including more schedule & meeting information in your show daily, and put exhibitor descriptions on the mobile app.
Your CustomNEWS team has printing resources throughout the country: let us show you how we can implement these ideas at your next conference. Contact Jenn & Tim, email@example.com.