Adding a video component to your conference’s communications strategy is no longer out-of-reach. Rather, it’s now both a necessary component and great marketing tool. But how do you get started? Do you hire a videographer or contract a video production company? You may be surprised by our suggestion – talk to your show daily publisher.
Yes, show dailies start out in print format, but now are also immediately available in digital formats that can be shared via email and social media, and added to website archives. Our digital publications create another medium for sharing video clips, beyond social media.
CustomNEWS recently wrapped up our third show daily project of the year that included a video component. Video coverage was integrated into our editorial coverage plan – see an example here. Clips were uploaded to YouTube in real-time, then shared via social media and the next issue of the show daily.
The project included one digital preview issue, three onsite print issues and a post-conference highlights issue. The highlights issue was featured in a post-conference email sent to the full membership.
Why should a publishing coverage provide your video production services? We’re a news-focused organization, so we know what types of clips you’re looking for. We’ll create a cohesive coverage plan – stories, photos and videos – that can be shared across multiple platforms, and easily tied together because we know what each team is covering.
Print’s often being overlooked these days – it’s seen as something that can be eliminated without consequence. But rather than looking at how to cut back on print, CustomNEWS sees print as the driving force behind strong onsite content curation. If the different components – writers, photographers and videographers – are working together, your ROI will be much stronger.
Check out the NHF publication:
- Preview: http://www.pageturnpro.com/CustomNEWS/80263-NHF-Daily-Chicago-Preview-Issue/index.html#1
- Thursday: http://www.pageturnpro.com/CustomNEWS/80268-NHF-Daily-Chicago-Thursday-Issue/index.html#1
- Friday: http://www.pageturnpro.com/CustomNEWS/80310-NHF-Daily-Chicago-Friday-Issue/index.html#1
- Saturday: http://www.pageturnpro.com/CustomNEWS/80311-NHF-Daily-Chicago-Saturday-Issue/index.html#1
- Highlights: http://www.pageturnpro.com/CustomNEWS/80312-NHF-Daily-Chicago-Highlights-Issue/index.html#1