Over the past few months, social media has taken center stage in terms of keeping us connected. Have you thought about how to use a platform such as Twitter to help your sponsors and exhibitors connect with attendees?
Particularly in the case of canceled events, exhibitors were probably preparing for product launches, as well as the opportunity to reach your event’s attendees.
Twitter chats are scheduled, recurring conversations usually hosted by the same accounts. They can be monthly or weekly but a key component is that they always happen at the same time. Each chat is designated by its own hashtag and often features a single broad topic.
Why should you consider launching a Twitter chat?
- Little to no cost engagement opportunity. (Social media advertising would be a beneficial investment, to help get the word out.)
- Will appeal to industry partners with strong social media presences.
- Requires minimal staff time: promote, draft questions and create marketing to thank sponsor.
- Could be a volunteer opportunity.
- Generates non-dues revenue though sponsorships.
Ready to get started? Here’s a few helpful articles:
- How to Host a Successful Twitter Chat
- How to Participate in a Twitter chat
- How to promote your Twitter chat
Need some additional assistance launching a Twitter Chat? Contact us today, firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get you started!